Academic assessment provides tools to inquire about and improve student learning
The Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning supports faculty research into student learning and effective teaching through consultation and collaboration. Our assessment coordinators provide consultative support to faculty and graduate students who are interested in developing efficient and sustainable practices for gathering, analyzing, and applying valid, reliable, and actionable information to inform instruction and improve opportunities for student learning.
We support faculty with:
- Developing actionable assessment plans
- Drafting, revising, and refining program learning outcomes
- Curriculum mapping
- Analysis, interpretation, and communication of direct and indirect evidence of student learning
- Using evidence to inform plans for improvement.
- Identifying relevant, current, and discipline-specific resources to support a scholarly approach to asking and answering important questions about teaching and learning.